Angular contact spherical plain bearings – or thrust spherical plain bearings – are known for supporting high-impact loads, high thrust loads and radial loads. The profile below outlines this version of spherical plain bearings overall features.
Angular Contact Spherical Plain Bearings Characteristics
Where They are Used
- They are used in low speed, high thrust and radial load application like steering axles, suspensions etc.
- Can be an alternative to taper roller bearings
Long Service Life
- Sliding surfaces are metal to metal
- Inner ring and outer ring are made of hardened rolling bearing steel
- They can support high thrust loads as well as radial loads
- They can support high impact loads
- There are multiple lubrication grooves in spherical surface of outer ring to maintain and dispense grease easily
- They are self-aligning in all direction
- Phosphate coating and molybdenum disulfide coating can help in running-in phase and avoid galling and seizure