The Mechanical Engineer provides technical support to sales and customers on a product line that consists of bearings, bushings, tie rods, rod ends, spherical plain bearings and RNN bearings. Responsibilities also include developing solutions for customer applications.
- Creates and maintains drawings, part numbers, bill of materials, 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Documents all project information for the successful completion of each job. Maintains engineering files containing customer criteria and specifications, drawings, internal machining and code compliance.
- Performs mechanical engineering calculations including bearing life, load analysis, critical speed and buckling loads.
- Provides sales team and customers with technical support and part numbers for product selection and quotation purposes.
- Meets with customers to review product requirements and provide training and troubleshooting on product design and function.
- Inspects, tests, and investigates issues related to product defect reports received from customers. Determines root cause and corrective actions.
- Attends product review meetings. Provides feedback pertaining to product design and component selection.
- Works with manufacturing plant in China to ensure designs meet the company’s capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally
- This is a full-time, in-office position
Nice to Have
- Experience including producing 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks and Abaqus
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes
- Previous motion control experience a plus
Upload your resume and cover letter as one document.